Who am I?
My name is Arleta I currently live in Scotland with my husband and my adorable fluffy fat cat Monty 🙂
I love sharing all I can about food, nutrition, environment, nature and holistic health.
I cooked since I can remember, learning all I could from my mum, a true magician in the kitchen. She can create something out of nothing. Throughout my life I developed even deeper passion for natural health, ecological products and holistic health.
That’s where the green (a.k.a. ecological) and DIY (a.k.a. homemade) life began.
Whenever I have tried some new dish in a restaurant I would thinker how can I make it myself, whenever I would go to health food store and find something expensive I need, I would search for a way of making it myself.
Due to ongoing health problems I was forced to rethink everything I new about conventional medicine and search for my own answers.
I am currently recovering from adrenal fatigue, am gluten intolerant and have a wee love and hate relationship with candida. My body is unable to cope with large amounts of sugar or caffeine. to top that I also suffer from idiopathic anaphylaxis every now and then.
But all that said most of the days I feel great, I am happy and grateful for my life and managing my wellness far better then few years back.
While learning about everyday aspect affecting our health I realised there is many people out there who must deal with similar problems and need helping hand, support or understanding of their struggle with health.
That’s why I decided to start the green DIY life blog which then evolved with me into this website.
I am fully trained and insured ThetaHealing® practitioner.
I absolutely love this method of Healing and as someone who tried many modalities before I am quite happy I finally found something what is has so much impact on peoples life while also being so versatile. For more information on Theta Healing please visit www.thetahealing.com.
Here you can find my qualifications in ThetaHealing.
“ThetaHealing® and ThetaHealer® are registered trademarks of THInK at www.thetahealing.com.”
I am also training as a Health Coach in the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and will be fully qualified at the beginning of May 2019.
As a Health Coach I am able to support you throughout your health journey and help you to get to where you desire with your lifestyle and wellbeing, whether it is finding the right foods for you, getting your sleep under control or finding clarity on most important things in your life.
I offer 6-months Health Coaching programme where we will meet twice a month either in person or through call or video call such Zoom. We will be able to track your progress and address any issues coming up during our sessions.
Other interesting facts about me:
- love gardening
- struggle not to sing along to all my favourite song
- have MA in Business and Human Resource Management from The University of Edinburgh
- love books and read daily before sleep, my favourite fiction are any books about magic and witches, am absolute fan of J K Rowling and Sarah J Mass writing, although I also read a lot of self-help and personal development books
- am a book editor
- love playing boardgames
- been in the final of Scotland’s Miss Polonia Contest and spend few years photo modelling
- went to military high-school
- favourite TV series: Medium, House, Charmed, Location, Location, Location, Love it or List It, Gilmore Girls, Men in Trees, Supernanny, Smurf, Hell’s Kitchen, Master Chef and so on.
- favourite movies: Avatar, Inception, X-Men, Tinkerbell, LOTR, Hobbit, Lucy, Matrix, Fantastic Beasts, Top Gun, G.I. Jane, Die Hard, Tomb Raider, Despicable Me, Inside Out, Beauty and the Beast, Santa Claus, Jumanji, Ratatouille, anything with Julia Roberts and could go forever here.
- one of the most hilarious things I ever did: while running fast on treadmill I tried to take my earphones to say ‘hi’ to passing friend, that resulted in my legs slipping of the treadmill while I tried to hang and lift myself up for far to long, until finally I gave up and let the machine kick me of itself
I smile EVERY SINGLE time I think about it.